CX2SA  > SATDIG   09.01.18 21:45l 870 Lines 30348 Bytes #999 (0) @ WW
BID : AMSATBB139
Read: GAST
Subj: AMSAT-BB-digest V13 9
Path: DB0NMS<DB0UHI<DB0OSN<DB0RES<IR2UBX<IZ3LSV<I0OJJ<N6RME<CX2SA
Sent: 180109/1209Z @:CX2SA.SAL.URY.SOAM #:31961 [Salto] FBB7.00e $:AMSATBB139
From: CX2SA@CX2SA.SAL.URY.SOAM
To  : SATDIG@WW

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: GPerdict, Icom IC-910H, and Windows 10 (John Brier)
   2. Re: Diplexer recommendation (Greg D)
   3. Wouxun / Powerwerx KG-UV8E / KG-UV8T as full duplex FM	sat
      handheld? (Pavel Milanes)
   4. Re: Wouxun / Powerwerx KG-UV8E / KG-UV8T as full duplex FM
      sat handheld? (Paul Stoetzer)
   5. Re: Listening for QIKCOM-1? (Pierros Papadeas)
   6. Re: Diplexer recommendation (Brad Brooks)
   7. Re: Listening for QIKCOM-1? (Greg D)
   8. Re: Diplexer recommendation (Rico van Genugten)
   9. Re: GPerdict, Icom IC-910H, and Windows 10 (Les Rayburn)
  10. Re: I did it! 1st QSO (Erich Eichmann)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 16:50:03 -0500
From: John Brier <johnbrier@xxxxx.xxx>
To: Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Cc: starcom-bb@xxxxxxxx.xxxx AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] GPerdict, Icom IC-910H, and Windows 10
Message-ID:
<CALn0fKNzGDRaQTABsV6hM4n+ou7gZrGe2M8S1cZixyrh_8Lckw@xxxx.xxxxx.xxx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

SatPC32 will allow you to visualize upcoming passes. The function is called
"Preview." It's under Tracking on the top menu bar:

http://www.dk1tb.de/manual_e.htm#preview

73, John Brier KG4AKV

On Jan 8, 2018 2:11 PM, "Les Rayburn" <les@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> I?m working to get back on the satellites and have SatPC32 restored and
> working thanks to the generous donation of Doppler.SQR and Subtone files
> from a couple of list members. Many thanks for that.
>
> All efforts to restore Nova for Windows have failed so far. On both my
> Windows 10 machines, the software refuses to run?even after loading the
> ?patch? program. Shame?I love the ability to ?fast forward? in time and
> visualize upcoming passes on Nova. If anyone has any thoughts on how to
> make it work on Windows 10, I?d love to hear them.
>
> I?ve also downloaded the Windows version of GPredict software, and am very
> impressed with the platform, with one major exception. The ability to add
> new satellites, edit visualization, etc. is first rate, but the rig control
> options are frustrating.
>
> http://gpredict.oz9aec.net
>
> So far, I?ve been unable to successfully get the software to control my
> Icom IC-910H. Has anyone else tried this software with the IC-910H? Anyone
> have it working correctly?
>
>
>
>
> 73,
>
> Les Rayburn, N1LF
> 121 Mayfair Park
> Maylene, AL 35114
> EM63nf
>
> Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.
>
> Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-1 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon
> TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
> Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop,
> Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.
>
> ?Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else?s favorite song??
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>


------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 14:04:15 -0800
From: Greg D <ko6th.greg@xxxxx.xxx>
To: Brad Brooks <brad.wf7t@xxxxx.xxx>,	Rico van Genugten
<rico.van.genugten@xxxxx.xxx>,	AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Diplexer recommendation
Message-ID: <444ca7c7-a27d-6403-48cc-f3df421d3879@xxxxx.xxx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

But he has two cables going into the antenna (you can see them in the
picture).

I'm guessing by his hashtags that one of the radios is an RTLSDR dongle,
so I can see the need for two cables and the switching from one "rig" to
the other.  Presuming the other radio is not full-duplex.

Perhaps the answer is to use 4 switches.  One pair for  the rigs, the
other for the antennas.  Hook one side of the switched side directly
through, the other cross-connected.  Just remember to set all 4 switches
properly before transmitting!

Greg  KO6TH


Brad Brooks wrote:
> I reckon the duplexer is required as there is no direct connections to
> the 70cm antenna.
>
> Brad WF7T
>
> On Jan 8, 2018, 3:20 PM -0600, Greg D <ko6th.greg@xxxxx.xxx>, wrote:
>> Hi Rico,
>>
>> So, two questions:
>>
>> First, what are you planning to use for your radio(s)? I'm a bit
>> puzzled by the need to swap Tx and Rx connections, if you are using a
>> diplexer. And, most of the satellite operations I do involve either two
>> separate radios, or a satellite radio that has separate VHF and UHF
>> antenna connections. In those cases, you'd not need the diplexer at
>> all, since the purpose of a diplexer is to use one feed line to cover
>> two antennas. Could you share your "two diplexers and two switches"
>> diagram?
>>
>> Second, that's a really cool antenna that you have built. Are the plans
>> available online somewhere?
>>
>> Greg KO6TH
>>
>>
>> Rico van Genugten wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm slowly assembling my satellite base station setup bit by bit, I have
>>> recently mounted an antenna system on my roof consisting of two
>>> perpendicular VHF/UHF open-sleeve yagi's mounted at a fixed
>>> elevation of 25
>>> degrees on an azimuth rotator, more info here:
>>> https://twitter.com/PA3RVG/status/942710621375815680
>>>
>>> So I have two feed lines coming into the house, both suitable for
>>> VHF and
>>> UHF operation. I want to be able to independently select one of the two
>>> antennas for RX and TX. This can be realized using two diplexers and two
>>> switches, but now for the million dollar question: Which diplexer?
>>>
>>> I'm curious to know which diplexers you guys use if you use them,
>>> and which
>>> can be recommended in terms of insertion loss, VSWR and isolation.
>>> If you
>>> believe the manufacturer specifications they are all great, but I'm more
>>> interested in real life performance or test measurements.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Rico
>>> PA3RVG
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
>>> Opinions expressed
>>> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
>>> views of AMSAT-NA.
>>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
>>> program!
>>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
>> Opinions expressed
>> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views
>> of AMSAT-NA.
>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
>> program!
>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb



------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:21:32 -0500
From: Pavel Milanes <pavelmc@xxxxx.xxx>
To: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Wouxun / Powerwerx KG-UV8E / KG-UV8T as full
duplex FM	sat handheld?
Message-ID: <95f478d7-65b8-b841-ae03-4753daf61c20@xxxxx.xxx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed

Hi.

Has any tested the Wouxun KG-UV8E or the Powerwerx KG-UV8T (It's the
same radio) as a full duplex FM radio for satellite work?

This is advertised as full duplex radios V/U & U/V...

Tip: this are Wouxun KG-UV8D Plus cousins but tri-banders with 222 Mhz.

My Baofeng UV-5R is useless on 70m cm RX no matter what I do to protect
it from the 2m TX...


--
73 CO7WT, Pavel.



------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:24:53 -0500
From: Paul Stoetzer <n8hm@xxxx.xxx>
To: Pavel Milanes <pavelmc@xxxxx.xxx>
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Wouxun / Powerwerx KG-UV8E / KG-UV8T as full
duplex FM sat handheld?
Message-ID:
<CABzOSOo4FjwNk2cSmirSHMVttNBvCD2LSm742gzfSso1taUb0A@xxxx.xxxxx.xxx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Pavel,

Unfortunately you will find that it will desense when transmitting on
2 meters and receiving on 70 cm, but may be OK for transmitting on 70
cm while receiving on 2 meters.

I think WD9EWK has tested one. Perhaps he can provide some first-hand
experience of how it performs.

73,

Paul, N8HM

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 5:21 PM, Pavel Milanes <pavelmc@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Has any tested the Wouxun KG-UV8E or the Powerwerx KG-UV8T (It's the same
> radio) as a full duplex FM radio for satellite work?
>
> This is advertised as full duplex radios V/U & U/V...
>
> Tip: this are Wouxun KG-UV8D Plus cousins but tri-banders with 222 Mhz.
>
> My Baofeng UV-5R is useless on 70m cm RX no matter what I do to protect it
> from the 2m TX...
>
>
> --
> 73 CO7WT, Pavel.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb


------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 03:12:15 +0200
From: Pierros Papadeas <pierros@xxxxxxxx.xx>
To: Robert Bruninga <bruninga@xxxx.xxx>
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Listening for QIKCOM-1?
Message-ID:
<CAJWHm0xaDo_WOJVkjDjyTC2ByGY6xkrASNbyhtMUMx9vLxtFVg@xxxx.xxxxx.xxx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Added the satellite in SatNOGS DB and scheduled some observations on
our network's best stations:

https://network.satnogs.org/observations/?norad=42983


Crossing fingers!

~pierros

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 11:33 PM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga@xxxx.xxx> wrote:
> Anyone looking for  something to do with a gain array, might want to track
> the SIMPL spacecraft while listening on 145.825.
>
>
>
> This is the host spacecraft that has QIKCOM-1 module on board.
>
>
>
> The SIMPL ground team reports detecting some S band signals apparently from
> SIMPL.  So that is an indication that maybe the spacecraft powered up.
> That being the case, then maybe it powered up QIKCOM-1 also.  But if the
> host CPU did not send the antenna release signal, then QIKCOM-1 may be
> powered up but with antennas all coiled up and still in their slot.
>
>
>
> But high gain stations might hear something.  This is a far fetched
> scenario, but if someone is looking for something to do, its worth a
> listen.  The object number is
>
> 42983 or type SIMPL in spacetrack.
>
>
>
> QIKCOM-1 beacons once a minute on 145.825 APRS 1200 baud and should respond
> as a digipeater using the path of ARISS or APRSAT.  So rather than wait for
> the 1 minute beacon, you are welcome to ping it as well.  But remember,
> like all APRS digis, it will ignore dupes for a while.  I think the DUP
> delay was set to ten seconds.
>
>
>
> And even if you do not decode it, if your 10 kW EIRP signal can get a PING
> response every 10 seconds or so, then  that would be something you might
> hear.
>
>
>
> QIKCOM-1 transmits with 4 Watts.  But into a shorted antenna, the signal
> might be down 26 dB or more? something like 10 mw.  Not decodable, but
> detectible by ear maybe.
>
>
>
> Good luck fishing.
>
>
>
> Bob, WB4aPR
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb



--
Pierros Papadeas
http://pierros.papadeas.gr
pierros@xxxxxxxx.xx


------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 15:39:35 -0600
From: Brad Brooks <brad.wf7t@xxxxx.xxx>
To: Rico van Genugten <rico.van.genugten@xxxxx.xxx>, AMSAT BB
<amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>, Greg D <ko6th.greg@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Diplexer recommendation
Message-ID: <8f9f9777-4379-4ef0-a6de-c065fcaa2421@xxxxx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

I reckon the duplexer is required as there is no direct connections to the
70cm antenna.

Brad WF7T

On Jan 8, 2018, 3:20 PM -0600, Greg D <ko6th.greg@xxxxx.xxx>, wrote:
> Hi Rico,
>
> So, two questions:
>
> First, what are you planning to use for your radio(s)? I'm a bit
> puzzled by the need to swap Tx and Rx connections, if you are using a
> diplexer. And, most of the satellite operations I do involve either two
> separate radios, or a satellite radio that has separate VHF and UHF
> antenna connections. In those cases, you'd not need the diplexer at
> all, since the purpose of a diplexer is to use one feed line to cover
> two antennas. Could you share your "two diplexers and two switches"
> diagram?
>
> Second, that's a really cool antenna that you have built. Are the plans
> available online somewhere?
>
> Greg KO6TH
>
>
> Rico van Genugten wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm slowly assembling my satellite base station setup bit by bit, I have
> > recently mounted an antenna system on my roof consisting of two
> > perpendicular VHF/UHF open-sleeve yagi's mounted at a fixed elevation of
25
> > degrees on an azimuth rotator, more info here:
> > https://twitter.com/PA3RVG/status/942710621375815680
> >
> > So I have two feed lines coming into the house, both suitable for VHF and
> > UHF operation. I want to be able to independently select one of the two
> > antennas for RX and TX. This can be realized using two diplexers and two
> > switches, but now for the million dollar question: Which diplexer?
> >
> > I'm curious to know which diplexers you guys use if you use them, and
which
> > can be recommended in terms of insertion loss, VSWR and isolation. If you
> > believe the manufacturer specifications they are all great, but I'm more
> > interested in real life performance or test measurements.
> >
> > 73,
> > Rico
> > PA3RVG
> > _______________________________________________
> > Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> > to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
Opinions expressed
> > are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> > Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> > Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb


------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 00:37:21 -0800
From: Greg D <ko6th.greg@xxxxx.xxx>
To: Robert Bruninga <bruninga@xxxx.xxx>
Cc: amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Listening for QIKCOM-1?
Message-ID: <dd4eec69-1467-7ddc-3752-da9d7b7bc4b7@xxxxx.xxx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

I don't have a super high-gain antenna (2x8 element CP beam on 2 meters,
with a preamp), but nothing heard during the 08:26z pass (00:26am
local).  Does it matter if the spacecraft is in sunlight or not?  Nearly
all the passes here are at night...

Greg  KO6TH


Robert Bruninga wrote:
> Anyone looking for  something to do with a gain array, might want to track
> the SIMPL spacecraft while listening on 145.825.
>
>
>
> This is the host spacecraft that has QIKCOM-1 module on board.
>
>
>
> The SIMPL ground team reports detecting some S band signals apparently from
> SIMPL.  So that is an indication that maybe the spacecraft powered up.
> That being the case, then maybe it powered up QIKCOM-1 also.  But if the
> host CPU did not send the antenna release signal, then QIKCOM-1 may be
> powered up but with antennas all coiled up and still in their slot.
>
>
>
> But high gain stations might hear something.  This is a far fetched
> scenario, but if someone is looking for something to do, its worth a
> listen.  The object number is
>
> 42983 or type SIMPL in spacetrack.
>
>
>
> QIKCOM-1 beacons once a minute on 145.825 APRS 1200 baud and should respond
> as a digipeater using the path of ARISS or APRSAT.  So rather than wait for
> the 1 minute beacon, you are welcome to ping it as well.  But remember,
> like all APRS digis, it will ignore dupes for a while.  I think the DUP
> delay was set to ten seconds.
>
>
>
> And even if you do not decode it, if your 10 kW EIRP signal can get a PING
> response every 10 seconds or so, then  that would be something you might
> hear.
>
>
>
> QIKCOM-1 transmits with 4 Watts.  But into a shorted antenna, the signal
> might be down 26 dB or more? something like 10 mw.  Not decodable, but
> detectible by ear maybe.
>
>
>
> Good luck fishing.
>
>
>
> Bob, WB4aPR
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb



------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:42:28 +0100
From: Rico van Genugten <rico.van.genugten@xxxxx.xxx>
To: Greg D <ko6th.greg@xxxxx.xxx>
Cc: Brad Brooks <brad.wf7t@xxxxx.xxx>, AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Diplexer recommendation
Message-ID:
<CAJdc4v7RKvmxC8eVrRMvC+Wuh875Tz0obFh0k8ZV889wPfuV3Q@xxxx.xxxxx.xxx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Hi all,

I'm using an FT-897D for TX (non-duplex), and an Airspy and computer for
RX. Good idea to use four switches Greg, in fact that's what I'm currently
doing. With four switches you always use one antenna for RX and the other
for TX though, I want to be able to use the same antenna for RX and TX when
that works better with the current satellite orientation. Using two
switches and two diplexers I would be able to independently select which
antenna to use for RX, and which one to use for TX. I posted the connection
scheme on twitter (warning, mspaint ahead):
https://twitter.com/PA3RVG/status/950649511935905792

But we are drifting from the original question: which diplexers? I have
heard good stories about the MFJ-916, but its availability is not great in
Europe. What about Comet, Diamond or Wimo? Are they any good?

Regards,
Rico


On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Greg D <ko6th.greg@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> But he has two cables going into the antenna (you can see them in the
> picture).
>
> I'm guessing by his hashtags that one of the radios is an RTLSDR dongle,
> so I can see the need for two cables and the switching from one "rig" to
> the other.  Presuming the other radio is not full-duplex.
>
> Perhaps the answer is to use 4 switches.  One pair for  the rigs, the
> other for the antennas.  Hook one side of the switched side directly
> through, the other cross-connected.  Just remember to set all 4 switches
> properly before transmitting!
>
> Greg  KO6TH
>
>
> Brad Brooks wrote:
> > I reckon the duplexer is required as there is no direct connections to
> > the 70cm antenna.
> >
> > Brad WF7T
> >
> > On Jan 8, 2018, 3:20 PM -0600, Greg D <ko6th.greg@xxxxx.xxx>, wrote:
> >> Hi Rico,
> >>
> >> So, two questions:
> >>
> >> First, what are you planning to use for your radio(s)? I'm a bit
> >> puzzled by the need to swap Tx and Rx connections, if you are using a
> >> diplexer. And, most of the satellite operations I do involve either two
> >> separate radios, or a satellite radio that has separate VHF and UHF
> >> antenna connections. In those cases, you'd not need the diplexer at
> >> all, since the purpose of a diplexer is to use one feed line to cover
> >> two antennas. Could you share your "two diplexers and two switches"
> >> diagram?
> >>
> >> Second, that's a really cool antenna that you have built. Are the plans
> >> available online somewhere?
> >>
> >> Greg KO6TH
> >>
> >>
> >> Rico van Genugten wrote:
> >>> Hi all,
> >>>
> >>> I'm slowly assembling my satellite base station setup bit by bit, I
> have
> >>> recently mounted an antenna system on my roof consisting of two
> >>> perpendicular VHF/UHF open-sleeve yagi's mounted at a fixed
> >>> elevation of 25
> >>> degrees on an azimuth rotator, more info here:
> >>> https://twitter.com/PA3RVG/status/942710621375815680
> >>>
> >>> So I have two feed lines coming into the house, both suitable for
> >>> VHF and
> >>> UHF operation. I want to be able to independently select one of the two
> >>> antennas for RX and TX. This can be realized using two diplexers and
> two
> >>> switches, but now for the million dollar question: Which diplexer?
> >>>
> >>> I'm curious to know which diplexers you guys use if you use them,
> >>> and which
> >>> can be recommended in terms of insertion loss, VSWR and isolation.
> >>> If you
> >>> believe the manufacturer specifications they are all great, but I'm
> more
> >>> interested in real life performance or test measurements.
> >>>
> >>> 73,
> >>> Rico
> >>> PA3RVG
> >>> _______________________________________________
> >>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> >>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
> >>> Opinions expressed
> >>> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
> >>> views of AMSAT-NA.
> >>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
> >>> program!
> >>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> >> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
> >> Opinions expressed
> >> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views
> >> of AMSAT-NA.
> >> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
> >> program!
> >> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>
>


------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 04:21:18 -0600
From: Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
To: Andr? L?faldli <andre.lofaldli@xxxxx.xxx>
Cc: starcom-bb@xxxxxxxx.xxxx AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] GPerdict, Icom IC-910H, and Windows 10
Message-ID: <2E319134-8801-473E-80F3-91FA61FB203B@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset=utf-8

Andre,

After studying the manual today, I arrived at the same conclusion. I will
need to use HamLib to control the radio. Unfortunately, it?s only available
as 32 bit software, and my system is 64 bit. Still trying to see if I can
find a workaround for that issue.

Thank you for the nudge in the right direction. I?ve gotten a lot of support
from the satellite community and I?m grateful.

Made a contact on SO-50 today (first satellite contact in two years!) New
grid in FN05. But discovered that my radio is near ?deaf? at the moment.
Suspect a feed line issue, I?ll troubleshoot that once i have the software
problems licked.


73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-1 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon
TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop,
Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

?Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else?s favorite song??


> On Jan 9, 2018, at 3:57 AM, Andr? L?faldli <andre.lofaldli@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Les,
>
> I'm using Gpredict with a 910H without problem, but it cannot (as far as I
know) control hardware directly.
> It is designed to use the rigctld and rotctld tools from Hamlib to control
radios and rotors.
>
> See http://hamlib.sourceforge.net <http://hamlib.sourceforge.net/> for
details.
>
> 73,
> Andr? LB1IH
>
> man. 8. jan. 2018 kl. 22:51 skrev John Brier <johnbrier@xxxxx.xxx
<mailto:johnbrier@xxxxx.xxx>>:
> SatPC32 will allow you to visualize upcoming passes. The function is called
> "Preview." It's under Tracking on the top menu bar:
>
> http://www.dk1tb.de/manual_e.htm#preview
<http://www.dk1tb.de/manual_e.htm#preview>
>
> 73, John Brier KG4AKV
>
> On Jan 8, 2018 2:11 PM, "Les Rayburn" <les@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
<mailto:les@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>> wrote:
>
> > I?m working to get back on the satellites and have SatPC32 restored and
> > working thanks to the generous donation of Doppler.SQR and Subtone files
> > from a couple of list members. Many thanks for that.
> >
> > All efforts to restore Nova for Windows have failed so far. On both my
> > Windows 10 machines, the software refuses to run?even after loading the
> > ?patch? program. Shame?I love the ability to ?fast forward? in time and
> > visualize upcoming passes on Nova. If anyone has any thoughts on how to
> > make it work on Windows 10, I?d love to hear them.
> >
> > I?ve also downloaded the Windows version of GPredict software, and am very
> > impressed with the platform, with one major exception. The ability to add
> > new satellites, edit visualization, etc. is first rate, but the rig
control
> > options are frustrating.
> >
> > http://gpredict.oz9aec.net <http://gpredict.oz9aec.net/>
> >
> > So far, I?ve been unable to successfully get the software to control my
> > Icom IC-910H. Has anyone else tried this software with the IC-910H? Anyone
> > have it working correctly?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > Les Rayburn, N1LF
> > 121 Mayfair Park
> > Maylene, AL 35114
> > EM63nf
> >
> > Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.
> >
> > Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-1 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon
> > TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
> > Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop,
> > Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.
> >
> > ?Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else?s favorite song??
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx <mailto:AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx>. AMSAT-NA makes
this open forum available
> > to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> > expressed
> > are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> > AMSAT-NA.
> > Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> > Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
<http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb>
> >
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx <mailto:AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx>. AMSAT-NA makes
this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
<http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb>
>
>
> --
>
> Sent from my toaster



------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:02:54 +0100
From: Erich Eichmann <erich.eichmann@xxxxxxxx.xx>
To: "Mark L. Hammond" <marklhammond@xxxxx.xxx>, AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] I did it! 1st QSO
Message-ID: <2c061431-8062-aff9-3bc8-0ccfd7521660@xxxxxxxx.xx>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

Mark,
you are right.
Kenwood fixed the sub tone issue in satellite mode with Revision 7
(January 2005) (my TS-2000 had the same issue. The firmware update fixed
the problem).
Congrats to Bob.
73s, Erich, DK1TB

Am 08.01.2018 um 19:43 schrieb Mark L. Hammond:
> Hi, Congrats on the contact, and welcome to your new addiction ;)
>
> I swear there is/was a firmware update to the TS-2000 that fixed the
> tone/satellite mode issue.  Check the firmware webpage at Kenwood.
>
> Mark N8MH
>
> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Bob Lucas via AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks to  KC7MG as  my first FO-29/satellite QSO in recent years!  Also
>> K4FEG and KL1XI for numbers two and three.
>>
>> Finally got the right  down link freq dialed in, duh.
>> Now to get the AZ-EL rotor up.  The TS-2000 at 8 watts worked FB, and I
>> guess the little ELK pulled them in.
>>
>> Now to get the IC-910 on the air so I have tones.  When I bought the
>> TS-2000, I didn't know it didn't have tones in the SAT mode.  Have to
>> figure a work around for that, maybe use it in non SAT mode.
>>
>> Thanks, guys, made my day!
>> 73
>> Bob wa7dxz
>> DM33
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@xxxxx.xxx. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
>> expressed
>> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
>> AMSAT-NA.
>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
>> Subscription settings: http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>>
>
>



------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Sent via amsat-bb@xxxxx.xxx.
AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to all interested persons worldwide
without requiring membership.  Opinions expressed
are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
http://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

------------------------------

End of AMSAT-BB Digest, Vol 13, Issue 9
***************************************


Read previous mail | Read next mail